Whipped lemonade is the new dalgona coffee.
It is SO hot outside right now. Give me ALL the cold, iced, blended drinks all summer long. We don’t have air conditioning so I’m all about the cold drinks. My bucket list dream purchase is a nugget ice machine, that’s how much I love iced drinks. I keep seeing whipped lemonade all over the Tok so of course I had to give it a try. Dalgona coffee is so 2020, lemonade is here to stay.
What is whipped lemonade?
Whipped lemonade is a creamy sweet, lemony, and refreshing blended lemonade drink made with lemonade, ice, and cream. I’ve seen two kinds floating around on Tiktok: one made with fresh lemon juice and one made with lemonade powder. Both are DELICIOUS. The fresh juice one has more zing and the powdered version is pure nostalgic flavors. If you like lemon ice cream or frozen lemonade you’ll love whipped lemonade. I’m not sure who the first person who invented it was, but the Tiktok that I’ve seen most people credit is @mtlajeunesse.
How to make whipped lemonade
Fresh whipped lemonade
- In a blender, add ice and blend with sweetened condensed milk, fresh lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and finish with whipped cream and enjoy!
Powdered whipped lemonade
- Use a milk frother to whip up powdered lemonade with heavy cream until super frothy and whipped.
- Shake the whipped mixture with ice and water until combined OR scoop onto a glass of ice water, being sure to stir it in.
- Finish with whipped cream and enjoy!
- Lemon juice – super simple, just squeeze some fresh lemons, being sure to remove the seeds.
- Heavy whipping cream – aka the liquid form of whipped cream. Heavy whipping cream has 36% milk fat and you can use a whisk to whip it up into fluffy whipping cream clouds. It adds body and creaminess to the lemonade.
- Sweetened condensed milk – this’ll add a nice creamy sweetness to the lemonade. It’s also delicious in Vietnamese coffee.
- Ice – any ice will do, blending it will give your lemonade that icy thickness that all frozen drinks have.
- Powdered lemonade – you’ll only need this if you don’t want to go the fresh lemon juice route.
Do I need a blender?
To make this with fresh lemon juice, you’ll need a blender to blend everything into a smooth and icy drink. If you don’t have a blender, you can make powdered whipped lemonade.
Do I need a milk frother for the powdered version?
You don’t! Using a milk frother will make it a LOT easier, but you can whip it up by hand with a whisk. I love this milk frother. I use it all the time for dalgona or even whipping up tiny amounts of whipping cream.
Time to set up a lemonade stand! Happy lemonade-ing!
Whipped lemonade is a creamy blended lemonade drink that’s sweet, lemony, and refreshing. See notes for an easier version
- 1.5 cups ice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- whipped cream to finish, optional
In a blender, blend the ice, whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice together until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a glass and finish with whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Shake the whipped lemon cream with 1 cup water and 1 cup ice until mixed and frothy OR layer it on top of a glass of ice water and stir it in.
Top with extra whipped cream if desired and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8.2g51%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.